Monday, August 29, 2011

Motivation...None...Trying to Get Some

Having just had a baby a few weeks ago, I don't get much good rest at night. B/c of that I don't do much in the mornings. This morning, as usual, I put Mia down her morning nap, fed Lucy until she fell asleep, and then I turned on the television (my hardest vice to break) for a little me time. I knew there were better things that I could be doing while the girls slept like cleaning our ridiculously messy kitchen, starting the laundry, or heck, even taking a shower. Nope. I opted, as always, to relax in front of the boob tube. I didn't really feel bad about it until Josh called today. He went running today, and as a result had a burst of energy and motivation to get things done not only at work, but around the house too. As he started this long list of projects he wanted to get done here, I started feeling bad about my laziness and thought I should at least clean the kitchen and put in a load of laundry. But I wanted to finish my program first...great work ethic right? As soon as I started to actually do something, Lucy woke up hungry. Feeding time equals more TV. When I finished with Lucy, I mustered up the strength to turn the TV off and start some laundry. Before I could even get the first load in the wash, Mia woke up. Such timing!! So, Mia and I together put the load in, and then it was lunch time. Lunch is great b/c while Mia is occupied with food, and Lucy with sleep, I can clean, so the kitchen got cleaned today. Hooray!! Unfortunately, I always feel the need to reward myself with more TV or computer time after one chore gets done. Then, I get sucked back in that wasteland of entertainment. Fortunately, right now the TV is not on, Mia is playing with my phone, and Lucy is sleeping. I still need a shower, the upstairs needs to be cleaned, more laundry needs to be done, and there is a very thick layer of dust everywhere that needs to be wiped off. How much of this is going to get done???? Well, at least my kids are fed and my kitchen is clean...

No comments:

Post a Comment